Thank you

This is it!
Tonight is my last official post for EME6414, Summer 2023.

What to write about? If you had asked me a few hours earlier, my honest answer would have been "no idea". It's not I don't have anything on my mind (I may have too much actually), but I was not sure how to approach this last post. So, I've decided I'll do just as usual and draw a few personal reflections.

To help me tackle this last challenge, I went back to Canvas and get an overview of our Modules Main Page. Gosh, what a journey it has been! The first image that comes to my mind is the iceberg metaphor. You know, this impression that for years, you had been exploring the World Wide Web with confidence, as if you were in your own neighborhood, with your own habits, hanging out with the same people, getting what you were looking for, not less, not more. And one day, you realize that you were just scratching the surface and that a whole world was lying underneath, inviting you to a whole new realm of possibilities.

This is how I view my EME6414 journey with you.

Tonight also came up to be my last internship meeting with my great supervisor. We dedicated one hour to reflecting on how the Elearning platform her company was revamping could put learners in the best possible conditions to develop their skills and put their new knowledge into practice. More than ever, I shared my conviction that online learning should take advantage of what Web 2.0 was offering us: spaces to interact and learn from others' thoughts and experiences; tools to connect spaces, people, and ideas into dynamic learning networks; or occasions to practice multiple skills simultaneously like the 5Cs suggested by Bruns as the basics of a good produser, or the competencies that make us good digital citizens. It might be because of this course I see Web 2.0 everywhere, but I want to keep having it around and keep digging and experimenting, asking for feedback along the way, and keep doing my best to be "interesting and interested", as I learned in one of our inspiring readings.

Which brings me to the social experience that makes the uniqueness of Web 2.0. I'm not certain about a lot of things, but I am sure that this journey is unique because of the people on the road with me.

Thank you for sharing so much and for making this a deeply human experience. Also, thank you for the support and good vibes when I was overwhelmed with the insane amount of work coming in every week with work, courses, and internship duties. Thank you for sharing your creativity. The iceberg looks much deeper than I thought it was because of you.

I hope I'll keep seeing you in the neighborhood, I definitely loved to have you around. And I cannot think of a better way to improve my Web 2.0 skills than to engage in fun challenges and thoughtful discussions with my EME6414 partners on Twitter or Instagram.

Take care!

Marion 2.0

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The egocentric playlist

Social Media-Based Learning: are students really up for it?

PLN: from intentions to redirections (a Wednesday's reflections)