Thank you

This is it! Tonight is my last official post for EME6414, Summer 2023. What to write about? If you had asked me a few hours earlier, my honest answer would have been "no idea". It's not I don't have anything on my mind (I may have too much actually), but I was not sure how to approach this last post. So, I've decided I'll do just as usual and draw a few personal reflections. To help me tackle this last challenge, I went back to Canvas and get an overview of our Modules Main Page. Gosh, what a journey it has been! The first image that comes to my mind is the iceberg metaphor. You know, this impression that for years, you had been exploring the World Wide Web with confidence, as if you were in your own neighborhood, with your own habits, hanging out with the same people, getting what you were looking for, not less, not more. And one day, you realize that you were just scratching the surface and that a whole world was lying underneath, inviting you to a whole new

The Twitter Challenge - #SumItUpSunday

That was fun.

I'm not a Twitter person. I don't recognize myself in this community. Probably due to wrong (but are they wrong?) beliefs that Twitter is populated with judgmental people and political tweets.

This week felt very different because I tweeted with wonderful, inquisitive, and kind individuals who raised the debate and let me view other perspectives of the world. That was a great way to build concrete relationships with other human beings I will probably never meet in person (but who knows?).

At first, I competed for the fun even if I was thinking it was another item on my checklist (you know, that checklist you start every week that you never end to complete because items keep appearing on it? That's the one).

Instead, I found myself managing my time pretty easily to read others' tweets and discover about their Throwback Thursday or learn about their unique sense of humor (saving drafts of tweets for the whole year still makes me laugh while thinking of it).

I don't think we would have shared all this in a blog or in a discussion thread on an academic LMS. And I'm thankful for it because even if we're all in different spots on the planet, it was like hanging with buddies after class, getting a drink, and sharing some memories and hobbies.

Yeah, that was fun.

#thankyoufolks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The egocentric playlist

Social Media-Based Learning: are students really up for it?

PLN: from intentions to redirections (a Wednesday's reflections)