Thank you

This is it! Tonight is my last official post for EME6414, Summer 2023. What to write about? If you had asked me a few hours earlier, my honest answer would have been "no idea". It's not I don't have anything on my mind (I may have too much actually), but I was not sure how to approach this last post. So, I've decided I'll do just as usual and draw a few personal reflections. To help me tackle this last challenge, I went back to Canvas and get an overview of our Modules Main Page. Gosh, what a journey it has been! The first image that comes to my mind is the iceberg metaphor. You know, this impression that for years, you had been exploring the World Wide Web with confidence, as if you were in your own neighborhood, with your own habits, hanging out with the same people, getting what you were looking for, not less, not more. And one day, you realize that you were just scratching the surface and that a whole world was lying underneath, inviting you to a whole new

Toward PLN 2.0

Let me get backward a little. Course begins. First weeks bring reminders (or fresh news) on what Web 2.0 is, what produsage implies and what a Personal Learning Network (PLN) refers to.

Over time, I reflected on many aspects surrounding Web 2.0-based learning and performance, and how I could use it in my future professional projects. Recently, more personal reflections emerged, mostly on whether my current PLN was serving me well. Here is what I got so far:
1. Good news: I have a PLN! Even better news: it has been supporting me in so many ways over the years: I built connections with experts and people using a similar path as mine and having similar concerns, I found resources online that allowed me to learn by myself and not stay stuck and frustrated, I opened my mind to so many diverse perspectives that it seemed that everything became a possibility.

2. Why the sky is not all blue: thanks to this course and this ongoing reflective approach I engaged in, I realized that I used more than I produced to sustain and expand my PLN, and that in the end, I would not grow as much if I did not look for being a part of others' PLN as well.

Here we are. The course is almost over and I now see how much I missed with my PLN 1.0. Time for PLN 2.0. Consume, learn, remix create, share. I can take this the "selfish way", sharing my new knowledge and experience with others as a way to consolidate my learning. Or I can do it the "generous" way: sharing my views, tips, and tricks with as many people as I can to give back what I receive and be a part of a social experience. I think some days will be selfish-oriented, others more generous. But in both cases, I hope my PLN 2.0 will serve others while helping me grow into a better version of myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The egocentric playlist

Social Media-Based Learning: are students really up for it?

PLN: from intentions to redirections (a Wednesday's reflections)